Tomorrow’s solutions! With one click.
Your apprenticeship as a textile technician:in
In the textile technician apprenticeship, you will learn everything you need to know about the production, design and use of textiles. This includes operating machines used in textile processing, as well as drawing and making samples and quality control.
Since Lenzing Plastics is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of technical textiles, we can give you real insider knowledge in this area. In our in-house research and development department, we are constantly working on optimizing our textiles and fulfilling special orders for customers all over the world. So you certainly won’t get bored with this apprenticeship.
- Setting up, testing, maintaining, cleaning, repairing, commissioning, controlling and operating textile machines such as weaving, embroidery, knitting, spinning and warp knitting machines.
- Inspect produced fabrics for quality and workmanship
- Identify and eliminate causes of faults on machines and textile products
- Collaborate on product developments and innovations
- Ideas for trade fairs and customer marketing
- Customer service and support for application-related questions and complaints
- Record and document technical data on work processes and work results
Apprenticeship period: 3½ years
Working hours: Mainly day shift or flextime (shift work or external customer visits also possible)
Advancement opportunities: Foreman, customer service representative, foreman, manager in middle or higher positions
Vocational school: Per apprenticeship year, 10 weeks of vocational school in block with boarding school accommodation, Dornbirn vocational school
Further training opportunities: Master craftsman school, professional and personal further training and much more.